Sunday, November 21, 2010

Are U Alim - Chapter 1 - I Believe

Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds:

(Suratul Al-An'am :162)

I remembered dear Nadia asking me:

"Is there really God?"

She being in her rebellious mode was making my life as a older brother like an ordeal. I should have known that these were one of those questions just to run away so she doesn't need to perform her prayers or not wear a hijab when going out. you can't blame them, there curiosity is enormous, why, I even once doubt my parents......... were my parents, thought I was adopted or something.

"Yes, there is", I said.

"Tak nampakpun"

hmmmphh, and I thought it would be easier to tell a child than something as complicated like this.

"Just because you can't see God, that doesn't mean He doesn't exist"

"hmmmmphh", she chuckled

"Do you see the air you breathe? no, because it's invisible, but you could feel it with your hand, it blows in your hair. Same like Allah, you could feel him, although not with your hand but with your heart, that's why you need to pray, so that you could "feel" Allah, blowing a relief into your soul."

Nadia smiled in delight. From that day I know, Nadia would be waiting to pray, wanting to "feel" the blowing relief of Allah.

And here starts our Journey.......................

No comments:

Post a Comment