Friday, March 26, 2010

Our LifeLine



Tonight I was suppose to go to KL. There was a Life Line 4 Gaza Concert, but I never went.

It wasn't that i didn't want to go, it's just that I couldn't.

Sick, Fatigue, and Dehydrated. I was not in the best conditions. But my condition isn't what I wanna talk about in this article, it's about the silver lining for the Life Line Gaza concert.

I heard great stories from my juniors about this Gaza Concert, I was the agent involved in getting SRI Ayesha's VIP seats. They loved it they say, they were having fun, motivated and most of all they got to help people.

But that's what they thought................... that they could help other people.....

That we could actually help the people out there in Palestine or in Gaza, Sudan or Afghanistan.

But actually we can't


۞ لَّيۡسَ عَلَيۡكَ هُدَٮٰهُمۡ وَلَـٰڪِنَّ ٱللَّهَ يَهۡدِى مَن يَشَآءُ‌ۗ وَمَا تُنفِقُواْ مِنۡ خَيۡرٍ۬ فَلِأَنفُسِڪُمۡ‌ۚ وَمَا تُنفِقُونَ إِلَّا ٱبۡتِغَآءَ وَجۡهِ ٱللَّهِ‌ۚ وَمَا تُنفِقُواْ مِنۡ خَيۡرٍ۬ يُوَفَّ إِلَيۡڪُمۡ وَأَنتُمۡ لَا تُظۡلَمُونَ (٢٧٢)

It is not required of thee (O Messenger) to set them on the right path but Allah guides to the right path whom He pleaseth. Whatever of good ye give benefits your own souls and ye shall only do so seeking the "Face" of Allah. Whatever good ye give, shall be rendered back to you and ye shall not be dealt with unjustly. (272) Al- Baqarah

That's the reality...............

And so I realize when we do something, anything, we are suppose to help ourselves.
As much as we really wanna help these people, we firstly need to help ourselves.

They aren't the ones needing help, Allah already promised them heaven.
And so, when I look back, who's the one we are really suppose to help.

Yes, doing all these charity, philanthropy, it's all good.
But the Question is................ does it makes us any better
I ask you...... the person reading this, Do you feel better about yourself, make you a better person when you go to a mosque and put in... like 50$, 100$ ?

If not then then your really wasting your time. Because Islam as we know it, is a tarbiyah, is a tazkirah. It is suppose to renew ourselves.

I remember the time when I went out doing dakwah for 3 days. They say that never expect that when you tell somebody to do good, that that person will do good, but expect for yourself to listen what you say.

Your dakwah is like a ball. when you bounce it at wall it hits you back.

I'm telling everyone here reading this, what's the point if everyday we go to Gaza concerts a raise funding when by the end of the day, we couldn't wake up for Subh prayers, or do simple Al quran recitations or do good towards your parents. Truly we are lost.

Remember the time when Salahuddin Al- Ayyubi wanted to conquer Jerusalem. There were people whom were high spirit, very high in spirit, they make the majority of his troops. But he asked them to return home.

WHY? because they didn't had a strong belief, they didn't wake up and did Qiamulail, they couldn't help themselves as much as they wanted to help others.

Thus, there must be a balance. Everyday we fear what will happen to our Ummah, fear for ourselves too that we may go to the Burning hell. Nauzubillah.

I tell this the reality, and so I feared that when I go to the Life Line Gaza Concert...... I may forgotten myself.
Because the only reason we are helping people.............
Is to help Ourselves







No comments:

Post a Comment