Friday, March 12, 2010

When You are Invisible......


I'm Proud of you, my twin....

Those were the last words someone special told you.
And just like everyone else, they're now gone forever.

But the realization is that, it isn't they who have gone, it's us.....

Every year we make new friends and family.
And what we fear is that by the time we said we would stay with them forever, we'll eventually lie.

Because someone like me, does not live a very long time.... my time is almost up.
And I fear they might not be able to accept the fact that we are gone, that we are not there, that somehow our time will come.

It won't be like yesterday where we will meet at class and start exchanging notes, or we could tell each other that it will be ok, or maybe give a call to check upon our health.

it isn't like that, someday we'll go our separate ways, and God knows how much I fear when that happens. When we get intanggle up so much we can't let go. WE GET DISTRACTED FROM THE REALITY!!!

I'm no reality. The reality is what I'm showing here.....
And it's very unpleasant.

When the time comes and that person can already cope with the reality, then it signifies that it's almost time for us to disappear.

Because that's our job: To help people.
And so what are we? some invisible friend? some imagination? a twin that never existed but actually did?

We are not the ones whom need help, we help ourselves by helping others.
And so I would like to end these moments of writing with the simple phrase
Among all the people I've helped - My twin was the best, and I'm glad I met her.

No comments:

Post a Comment